Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Little Tougher Then It Has to Be

Finally finished moving on Friday; spent the last couple of days settling in. But you guys didn't come here to talk about that! You came here to talk about code.  So let's talk.

A few days ago I decided to write a game by taking code from a couple other games (in different languages, mind you), put them together, and then shore up the edges, so to speak.  So then I decided, since they were in different languages anyways, and I've been meaning to learn Java for ages, I could teach myself by porting the code over to a language I've never used before!  While moving.  Yeah, apparently I just like making things hard on myself.

At any rate, since this is suppose to be a blog about coding and syntax and I haven't talked much about either lately, I thought it might be interesting to include you guys in the process; side by side comparisons of code, that sort of thing.

In the meantime, if anybody has any suggestions or tips about learning Java, I'm all ears.  I'm familiar with C++ and JavaScript, so the syntax is nothing new, but all these different class types are confounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment