Friday, August 1, 2014

Aw Snap!

Boy, didn't post much during July, did I? Almost like it's a month of American celebrations and holidays or something.

Anyways, I'm officially giving up on Snap.svg.  It's not that it isn't easy to use, or that it isn't pretty - it's that it's been a nightmare trying to get it to behave consistently across different browsers.  It should have been a red flag to me when the demonstrations on the official website don't display properly on Internet Explorer.  Yes, I am aware that Internet Explorer is not the best or most progressive browser choice, but that does not change the fact that a large percentage of your potential audience will be using it.

I have two projects that I've been using Snap with.  One, a potential Super Hexagon fan-project that I hinted at earlier, will probably end up coming to nothing anyway.  The other, a major visual overhaul for Clueball, is a bigger problem.  I love the graphical style; maybe instead of rendering it live, I'll just make picture files of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment